Call for Papers (CfP): SYSMUS 2015 (“International Conference of Students of Systematic Musicology”), Leipzig (Germany),17th – 19th September 2015.
Researchers are invited to submit proposals for oral or poster presentations in English. Also panels gathering 3 to 4 speakers (max.) are welcome to present their research addressing one single topic. Besides an abstract (c. 300 words), a separate, small biographical note (c. 150 words) is requested. The individual talks should not exceed 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
Submissions on the following topics complementing and expanding experimental and empirical music research are particularly welcome:
– Audio cultures in a systematic perspective
– The cultural practice of musical instruments and music software
– Music and social cognition
– The ecology of music
– Music and mediation
– Systematic epistemologies of music
– Musical knowledge systems in a systematic perspective
– Music and the theory of social systems
The submission deadline: 30th of April.